At Southern Coastal Homes we truly believe that building your dream home is a collaborative effort. Your home should be a reflection of you and the things you love. It should be thoughtfully designed to reflect the way you want to utilize your spaces. We listen closely and help to translate your ideas into your vision.
We pride ourselves on building a spectacular home at a fair and reasonable price and we firmly believe you will find our company fair and transparent. Anyone can build to a plan. It truly gets down to our commitment, mastery of craftsmanship, attention to detail, focus on quality, and quite frankly… trust between the client and the builder.
We encourage you to start a discussion. We would love to help.
The short answer is…. it depends. While the question seems simple, the answer is quite complicated.
We price our homes as “turnkey” – meaning the house is fully complete, meets all Architectural Review Board (ARB) requirements if applicable, and is ready for move-in.
Some of the variables which impact cost per square foot:
- Elevation of the lot you own (or choose)
- Site work required prior to construction (tree removal, clearing, fill dirt/elevation)
- Height of foundation required to meet building code
- Type of foundation
- Septic vs. sewer
- Amount of total square footage
- Amount of square footage on the first floor
- Total size of the “footprint” (to include porches, lanais and patios)
- Complexity of the structure – some homes at equal square footage are simply more cost effective to build than others
- Number of bathrooms
- Number of kitchens
- Construction quality, cost of materials and cost of labor
- 2 x 4 construction vs. 2 x 6
- ARB/community requirements, fees and permits
- Length and grade the of driveway as well as materials/labor
- Size of porches
- Type of insulation – blown, batt or foam
- Type of windows
- Garage size and number of bays. Detached vs. attached.
- Type of roof (metal vs shingle) and complexity of the roof system
- Type of exterior (masonry, stucco, HardiePlank) as well as exterior features such as exposed rafter tails
- Trim level and grade of interior options such as flooring, cabinetry, and ceiling treatments
We pride ourselves on staying both on budget AND on time.
Typically nine to eleven months (depending on the complexity of your build) after we receive your building permit, however, if you are building in a community, please allow 60-90 days for us to navigate the Architectural Review Board (ARB). We handle this on your behalf. Some communities take more time, some take less, but once we’ve submitted your build package to the ARB, we are subject to their schedule.
Once your build package is approved by the ARB (or town/county – depending on location), we submit for permits and the excitement begins. Plan alterations, inspection schedules, or weather delays can slow down the process to some degree. We consider and factor in those unavoidable delays (as best possible) when we determine your completion date.
Of course! A large percentage of our clients do not live locally but have decided to relocate to the beautiful Lowcountry.
You will be in close contact with your Project Manager who will keep you continually abreast of your progress. This includes lots of progress photos and plenty of communication. We have the sharpest project managers in the industry and they understand this is your dream home.
Yes. We receive fantastic referrals from agents and are incredibly appreciative when they send a new client our way. You’ll both be warmly welcomed. However, if you don’t have a real estate agent, our team is well trained to listen and guide you through the entire process.
We can definitely help you with this! We have a very small collection of our plans represented on our website. Please give us a call or email email@example.com. If you can give us a few parameters in terms of square footage, number of bedrooms and baths, general budget and any lot information, we can make some excellent suggestions. And if we don’t find the perfect fit, we can work with both you and our design team to conceptualize and draw something perfect.
Of course. Many of our clients come to us with special elements they would like incorporated into their new home. We can work with you during the planning and design state to determine the best placement to showcase your unique item(s).
Southern Coastal Homes has enjoyed incredible success building custom homes all over the spectacular Lowcountry.
While this list is certainly not exhaustive, we have built (or are currently building in): Palmetto Bluff, Gascogine Bluff, Sea Pines, Long Cove, Colleton River, Port Royal (HHI), Berkeley Hall, Hampton Hall, Moss Creek, Rose Hill, May River Preserve, Stock Farm, Old Town Bluffton, Spring Island, Wexford and on both the May and Okatie Rivers.
If you haven’t found a lot yet, we can certainly help you. And if you already own one, even better.
Let’s get started!